Thursday, January 6, 2011

self examination

I get so frustrated and (much harder to admit) scared. Financial mistakes (numeral vs text on mortgage check don't match so the check bounces...) and then I think of all that I have not done, the adjustments I have not made. Still being/acting the role of the wealthy bankers wife when our business doesn't support it.

Convicted of living with blinkers on as to avoid seeing and earplugs so as to not hear realities I don't like and choose to ignore. I wonder how much stress that adds to a man with a compromised memory who nonetheless knows the 'man/husband' need to provide security for both today and far into the future.

Tonight, picking dinner for delivery, Steve couldn't choose and started the eeny meeny minee thing and couldn't get any further. I helped with each verse to finish. Damn. He did like the scallops in vodka cream sause over linguine.

No comments:

Post a Comment